Thursday 25 April 2013

MAC Studio Fix Fluid

Hey everybody!

I have been loving the Mac Studio Fix Fluid so I thought that I would do a review for you all! I don't have a Mac near me, so when I went to William & Griffin and saw that they had a Mac counter I had to get something! I got the foundation for my birthday but chose it myself. 


This is the box that the foundation comes in when you buy it. Its quite plan with just the writing on it. It has an SPF of 15 and you get 30ml of foundation, much like the Estee Lauder Double Wear


I opted for the colour NW15 which is on the lighter shade of the spectrum of there foundations. They have 2 different types of foundation colors - NC and NW. The NC is for yellow undertoned skin and the NW is for pink undertoned skin. The foundation is a perfect shade for me and I always blend it into my neck just in case. I would recommend getting colour matched for these foundations as you don't want to spend a lot of money on a foundation for it to be the wrong colour, but always make sure to tell the sales assistant if you feel it is too dark/light (I never use to say anything as I felt bad, but now I always tell them as I want the perfect shade - remember its there job to help you!) I know my colour now so usually don't need to get colour matched, but will do if I can't decide between a 2 or 3 colors that are quite similar. 


The foundation has a screw top lid, much like the Estee Lauder Double Wear - sometimes its okay but sometimes its hard when you pour too much out. The foundation costs £20.50 alone and £24 if you want to buy a pump to go with it. The pump costs £3.50. I decided to buy a pump as I prefer to use a pump for foundation because I think its easier to control the amount you use and when you pour it, a lot more than what you want can come out. You can actually use the pump for other foundations (it only works in certain ones) the only one I know of is that you can put it in the Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation - although I haven't yet tried it but will do soon. 


The pump has a little cap which is good as it means you can make sure none comes out unexpected and especially when its in your makeup bag nothing presses on it to squeeze it out which is good as in the past I have had product everywhere because of that (not good) 


The foundation covers up the face very well and leaves it looking flawless and covers any blemishes, redness and spots. It also drys matte. It also lasts all day and I put it on at around 7.30am and take it off at 7pm (ish) It usually doesn't go shiny, however I do wear a setting spray usually. It also doesn't come off easily on clothes, phones ect which is perfect as I take a few phone calls during the day. I have been getting on very well with this foundation and it hasn't broken me out, gone blotchy or anything like that and has kept my skin looking flawless all day. It is very easy to apply and isn't too thick or too runny (somewhere in the middle) When this foundation runs out I will definitely repurchase it again as it is an excellent foundation that works perfectly for me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment